MentorBuddies is a platform for parents of young children (typically ages 5-13 years old) to find high school mentors across a broad range of categories and skills (academics, sports, music, etc.). Parents click to "Browse mentors" and check the boxes of skills they're interested in finding mentors for, and the profiles of the mentors who teach those skills in the parent's geographic area will appear.
After a quick registration process, parents contact the mentor they are interested in directly through the site's messaging platform. Following the parent's and mentor's agreement on time, date and location, the parent will book the lesson through the platform. Payment occurs through the platform using Visa or Mastercard (other forms of payment will be added shortly).
MentorBuddies is initially available in Newton, MA and the surrounding areas, with broader geographic expansion planned. MentorBuddies retains a small percentage of each lesson fee to cover its expenses.
See more FAQs
- How much does a MentorBuddies lesson cost and is there a minimum financial commitment?
- Can I still book a mentor for my child during the COVID-19 outbreak?
- Will I be charged if I need to cancel a lesson or the mentor cancels a lesson?
- When do I need to register and what is the process?
- What is the "First Lesson Refund" policy and am I obligated to continue with a particular mentor?